Font Box is the perfect tool for app developers and interface designers to find the right fonts and make sure that they are available in all targeted iOS versions.
It shows previews and further informations for all fonts shipped with iOS - for the currently running version as well as for previous versions (starting with iPhone OS 2.1). Font Box also shows detailed informations about the font metrics as well as their availability in pevious versions of iOS.
You can choose between numerous different sample texts and pangrams or add your own to check the availability of special characters used in different languages, for example german umlauts or french diacritics.
A general survey of all fonts shipped since iPhoneOS 2.1 including their availability in various other iOS versions is also available. This makes FontBox a great help for searching suitable fonts when developing new iOS apps.
Font collections are available for these iPhoneOS / iOS versions:
- iPhone OS 2.1
- iPhone OS 3.1.3
- iOS 4.3.5
- iOS 5.1
- iOS 6.0
- iOS 7.1
- iOS 8.4
- iOS 9.3
- iOS 10.2.1
More detailed informations may be available on the bug tracker.
FontBox Version 2.3.6:
Version 2.3.6 Current
- added font collections for iOS 8.4, 9.3 and 10.3.1
- removed font collection for iPhoneOS 3.2, iOS 7.0, 8.0 and 8.1
- removed font definitions for iOS 8.0 to 8.3
- added font definitions for iOS 8.4
- added font definitions for iOS 9.0
- adds font definitions for iOS 8.1
- removes font definitions for iPhone OS 2.1
- a few bugfixes
- added support for the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Added font collection of iOS 8
- Added two filters to show only added or only removed fonts
- Bugfixes and improvements
- Added font collection of iOS 7.1
- fixed a small layout bug on the font overview screen
- Added new character maps for hebrew and arabic fonts (currently used for Arial Hebrew, Al Nile and Geeza Pro)
- fixed a small layout bug on the character preview screen
- iOS 7 compatibility
- redesigned the whole app (inspired by iOS 7)
- added iOS 7 support
- added iOS 7 font lists
- added a new character preview
- Apple Emoji symbols are now shown correctly
- various bugfixes and improvements
- more details are available in the bug tracker
- FontBox now allows you to use your own custom sample texts
- a few more pangrams have been added (arabic, icelandic, japanese and greek)
- fixes a screen orientation bug on iOS 6 which forced the screen to portrait when closing the general font survey
- iPad support added (FontBox is now a so called "universal" app)
- added a new preferences screen located on the left side
- added possibility to show fonts of all iOS versions on the main screen
- the device's iOS version is now highlighted in the general survey and font detail screens
- added more font sizes
- added more font detail informations
- added a section navigation for the font detail screen
- app launch is now slightly faster
- fixed a bug with screen rotations on iOS 6
- Font family names were missing in the iPhone OS 2.1 font set
- Adds support for the iPhone 5 4" Retina Screen
- iPhone OS 2.1 added
- iPhone OS 3.2.2 (iPad) added
- all iOS versions are now available on the main screen
- iOS 6 support
- search for font families added
- Character preview added
- Calculates font metrics according to font size
- Font details can now also be opened from the font overview
- New app design and navigation, I hope you like it
- various bugfixes
- added an additional overview for the iOS availability of all fonts (starting with iPhone OS 3.1.3)
- added a help screen describing the buttons on the main screen
- added missing diactriticals to the sample texts "letters"
- german localization
Although FontBox is being developed with the utmost care and intensively tested before being published, I cannot guarantee the suitability of this program for any purpose not described on this website. No warranty can be assumed for the performance and flawlessness of the software for all usage conditions and cases and for the results produced when utilized by the user. FontBox is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind.
Please keep in mind that the release of new versions on the App Store takes some time to to pass the review process, so bugfixes will not be immediately available after the respective entries on the Bugtracker have been marked as "done". The current average review time of the App Store (as a rough guide value) is available on appreviewtimes.com.
For further questions please use the contact form below.